Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chevron Shoes

Well, since I appear to be on a roll with shoes lately, I wanted to share my fabulous new chevron pumps:


Ermahgerd! Aren't they gorgeous?! These are Carra by Ivanka Trump. Now, I'm typically not a pointy-toed-shoe kind of gal, but I'm a sucker for chevron and I think that a pointy toe compliments the pattern perfectly. Also, unlike most stiletto heels, these have a definitive square shape, giving them a very modern, updated look in comparison to similar shoe styles.

Carra is an elegant, sophisticated pump that can easily transition from day-to-evening. I can see myself wearing these with a pantsuit or pencil skirt, but have been perfectly fine wearing them with jeans while walking around Target shopping for dish washer detergent. (true story)

A slightly out-of-focus shoe selfie.


The toe box is surprisingly roomy for a pointy toe and, without fail, I'm spoiled by the sumptuously plush insoles, a fine characteristic of the Ivanka Trump shoe brand, which make me feel like I'm floating despite the 4" stiletto heel. (remember these?) I hate to say it, but, with regard to comfort, Ivanka Trump definitely has a leg-up on Christian Louboutin. These heels were made for walkin'! IMHO, the look and feel of the insoles of my Louboutins are actually far inferior in quality to any of the Ivanka Trump pumps that I own. It is slightly disconcerting that I can purchase at least half a dozen Ivanka Trumps for the cost of one Christian Louboutin. Oh, the price we pay for that sexy flash of red lacquer as we exit a room…

Anyhoo, hope everyone is enjoying a fine Saturday! Thanks for reading, until next time! ;)

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment