Monday, December 31, 2012

Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush

Word has it that Sigma's F80 Flat Kabuki Brush is possibly one of the absolute best brushes for flawless foundation application.  I have heard nothing but praise for this legendary brush!  Funny story...I actually got this brush at least a year ago...and then I lost it!  I didn't even get a chance to remove it from its packaging.  It was sad.  But hey...good news!  I was unpacking a few straggling boxes from my move this past summer and guess what I found?!



You have no idea how freakin' excited I was to find this brush!  The F80 is a really gorgeous piece of work.  Created to buff liquid and cream foundations onto the face, its synthetic bristles are extremely soft, densely packed, and is very professional in looks and the way it handles.  You'd think that this brush would be far more expensive than it is, however you can get yours from Sigma for only $18!

Seeing as how I recently received Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to test out the Sigma F80.


Ooooooh...sooooo soft!

Per suggestion from another beauty blogger, I dotted foundation on my face using my fingertips FIRST before buffing it in using the F80.  This being that F80's bristles are so dense, it tends to pick up too much product if one were to use it like a paintbrush.  (ie. directly dipping it into the product)


GASP!  So gorgeous!  I was completely floored by how perfect my complexion looked after using the F80!  I've tried so many other modes of application: stipple brushes, flat foundation brushes, sponges, etc.  No other method I've used has performed as well as this one.   Coverage was soft, even, and absolutely flawless!  What's more, not a single bristle was shed during application...something I seldom experience when using new brushes.  Totally exceeded my expectations!

Needless to say, I am beyond happy with this brush!  I was THIS close to purchasing Urban Decay's Good Karma Optical Blurring brush for my foundation routine, but I find this to be absolutely unnecessary at this point.

Anyways, to complete today's look, I did a natural, soft smoke with my new Urban Decay Naked palette using Half Baked, Darkhorse, Creep, and Virgin:

No lashes today!
And I finished with a happy pink lip using Revlon's Lip Butter in Sweet Tart:


Overall look:

That's MAC Powder Blush in Mocha on my cheeks, btw.

I'd say I'm pretty pleased with my FOTD!  Hope everyone enjoys a safe and happy new year!  Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Hugs,
Cat

4 comments:

  1. Oou, I'm glad you found your brush! I might have to check that brush out :D and happy that all the items you've received are happily being used XD

    and wanted to say..thanks for all your posts! always looking forward to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I found it too! It's such a fantastic foundation brush...I find that I look forward to applying makeup because I'm excited to use it!

      I've been using my Naked palette EVERY DAY! ;)

      Delete
  2. Looks good! Would you recommend that foundation for every day use? I'm curious as to how it feels on your face, is it very light feeling? I tend to use only powder foundation and have yet to try any liquid foundations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this foundation. I've been using it every day for a week now. No problem with breakouts or dryness. Unlike other liquid foundations or BB creams which have a little weight to them, I don't feel this one at all. Best liquid foundation I've ever used!

      Delete