Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lipstick and Lashes


 So another product that I'm excited about is a lovely little lippy by Make Up For Ever.  You probably noticed that, among my Xmas gifts, I was given a tube of Rouge Artist Intense #34, described as a "satin light raspberry".




In my opinion, #34 is the perfect "pop-of-color" shade for the cooler season.  Why?  Because it's vibrant without being neon.  Really, there's no wrong way to wear makeup.  I firmly stand by the notion that there are no hard, fast rules to how a girl wants to apply her cosmetics.  Personally, however, I find my preference for loud lipsticks is a little more prominent during Spring/Summer.

#34 glides on smoothly and evenly without feeling at all dry or chalky.  I thought that it was a fairly flattering shade with my complexion and it wore pretty well for a few hours, which included eating and drinking.  I didn't reapply, rather, just smoothed some gloss over it when I felt it was beginning to fade, which revived the color.

Color upon initial application straight from the tube, no lip liner.

Since I was going for a slightly more dramatic look today, I thought I'd pair some lashes with my winter-bright lips.  Though I do love my cheap-o dollar lashes from Daiso, lately, I've been craving higher-quality lashes that are meticulously made of human hair as opposed to glittery plastic ones.  I like the more "natural" look, but I mostly enjoy the fact that they're so comfortable and virtually weightless!  I swung by my local drugstore and picked up a pair of these:



Initially, I was searching for a pair of Ardell Wispies.  But apparently they were out of stock at CVS, so I settled on 122's instead.  This is the first time I've ever encountered them.  They're actually very natural-looking, in that the band is invisible, they're a little more sparse, and the lashes have been shaped and knotted in a way that's a bit more ragged and haphazard...more like lashes that we're born with as opposed to the perfectly symmetrical and evenly gradated eyelashes that I commonly find at the store.

I think that the 122's are also shorter than the Wispies, which makes more sense for my personal eye shape.  Let's face it, I'm not one of those rare Asian women that was born with large, doll-eyes and long, lush, curly lashes.  While these are still a little far-fetched, they're a bit more believable on me than the typical false lash.  Here, you can see how they make my small, short-lashed eyes look a little more glam without being over-the-top:

Eyeshadow = Urban Decay Naked Palette

 I love how flexible they are as well as being so light that I couldn't feel them at all!

Overall look:


Loving my new lips and lashes!  Hope you enjoyed today's post.  Thanks for reading and have a good night! :)

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment