Friday, September 14, 2012

Etude House Precious Mineral Sun BB Cream

Hi everyone!  Sorry about the disappearing act!  The new school quarter is about to start soon and I've been tying up loose ends in order to prepare!  But to heck with school for now, let's talk about makeup!

As you know, I'm currently using Bright Fit BB Cream from the Etude House Precious Mineral collection.  So far, I've been pretty happy with it.  It comes in a variety of colors, including shades that suit my southeast Asian complexion, it is moisturizing, provides sun protection, is lightweight, and doesn't make me break out.  The only thing that it doesn't do for me is control my oily t-zone and it doesn't last through a good sweat.  Let me explain.  I work out about 6 days a week.  I practice Muay Thai kickboxing and I do Bar Method.  I know that it's kind of lame to wear makeup while working out, but most times, I can't help it.  I have things to do and places to be and makeup is a part of my every day routine, it's the first thing I do when I get out of the shower.  Most days, I don't have time to or it's inconvenient to wash my face prior to hitting the gym.  I wear a lot of waterproof cosmetics, especially around the eyes, therefore makeup removal is a process that requires a number of different products.

So how does one break a sweat while maintaining a perfect complexion?  Well it seems that Etude House has answered that question with their Precious Mineral Sun BB Cream.  It's a supposed to be a sweat resistant BB cream that's made for more active lifestyles.  It's moisturizing, has very high sun protection (SPF 50), and claims to be waterproof.  It also comes in 3 shades.  Sounds too good to be true!  I had to order a tube to try from Cosmetic Love!


You get a little less for your money here...about half the amount of product for $2USD more than the Bright Fit BB Cream.  But I think it's still worth the money if it does what it's supposed to do.  My cost was $18.45USD for 35g, free shipping and tax free from Cosmetic Love.


It comes with an attached sponge applicator.  A novel idea, but something I found inconvenient and unwieldly.  Judging by the texture, I didn't think I'd be able to apply the product efficiently nor evenly using this method.


Never fear!  You are given the option to unscrew the sponge cap and squeeze product out straight from the tube.  My favorite application method is with my fingertips!


I purchased a tube of Sun BB Cream in the darkest available shade, Sand Beige.  Even so, it looks to be a shade lighter than my current color, which is the second to darkest shade among the Bright Fit BB creams, Honey Beige.  I was a little concerned when I noticed this.  The pasty-face look just isn't very flattering on me, nor anyone else, I don't think.  Using foundation that's too light for your complexion can create a rather ghastly effect and looks just too unnatural.

I was apprehensive to try it, but once I applied it, the color seemed to adapt to my complexion.  I still think it's a touch too light, but, unless you look very, very closely, it seems to work.


Notice how it's just a tiny bit lighter than my neck?  No one around me has pointed this out so far, hehe.

In general, I found that Sun BB is a little thicker than Bright Fit BB.  It's a slightly less moisturizing, but it does control oil a bit better.  It also does last longer and is fairly water resistant.  I had some on my hands and washing it off took some effort and I noticed that the water just beads off the cream.  All in all, it's a fairly effective BB cream to wear for warm weather, outdoors, and activity.  I'm happy with it for now, though I'll probably switch back to Bright Fit when the weather gets cooler.

TGIF everyone!

Hugs,
Cat

4 comments:

  1. It's not very obvious that it's lighter than your neck... The face is usually the highest point that catches the most light anyway, so your neck will always seem a bit darker in most conditions. It looks pretty and natural :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally makes sense when you put it that way. Thanks Pearl! :)

      Delete
  2. Wait, so i'm confused? Is the Sun BB Sand Beige lighter than the Bright Fit BB Honey Beige? Cause i thought sand beige was supposed to be a shade darker than Honey Beige?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nixi! Although although Sun BB and Bright Fit are both Etude House, they're still different products. I'm not sure what the naming convention was for the company, but in this case, the Honey Beige in Bright Fit is definitely darker than the Sand Beige in Sun BB.

      Delete