Tuesday, May 8, 2012

T3 Featherweight Hairdryer

Hey all!  Sorry I've been AWOL, this is the busiest 2 weeks I've experienced in a long time!  It's midterm week for me, but there have been all sorts of crazy things going on as well, including impromptu visits from out-of-town relatives and other exciting things that I'll share with you guys when the time is right. :D  So at the risk of sounding lame, I'm going to go ahead and do a short and sweet product review for the T3 Featherweight hairdryer.


Yeah, so my hairdryer finally gave out over the weekend.  Actually, it was annoying the heck out of me so I threw it out!  For the past 2 months, it's been spontaneously shutting down without starting up again, which is the worst when I'm trying to get ready for class in the morning.  Also, recently, it's began making this irritating, high-pitched sound after being on a for about a minute.  It got to the point where my husband could hear it behind two sets of doors (our bedroom and bathroom) and asked me what the heck was wrong with my hairdryer!  That's when I knew I was through.

I've heard all these amazing things about T3 Tourmaline Ionic hairdryers, but I've always figured a hairdryer is a hairdryer, right?  Plus, the T3 Featherweight comes with a hefty retail price tag of about $200 at Sephora, so I was kind of thinking...um...no!  So what changed my mind?  It turns out my one of my sisters purchased one from Gilt at a discounted price.  It's been collecting dust, because she's generally accustomed to air-drying her hair, so she said she would sell it to me for an even more discounted price! :D  I ended up getting it for about half the MSRP...which still isn't cheap.  But enough of all this boring talk, let's get down to the nitty gritty:

The first thing I noticed about the T3 Featherweight was that, although it seemed to lack the power of my old hairdryer, the temperature of the air was noticeably hotter.  I admit, I was a little disappointed at first, I didn't think it'd be able to dry my hair with such a weak stream of air.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it got the job done in about 5 minutes.  Not only that, my hair seemed a lot silkier finished with the T3F as opposed to my previous dryer.  I don't know if I was just imagining things, but I've used it for a few days now, and that appears to be my experience.  Also, the T3F was much lighter and quieter than my old hairdryer.  The verdict?  Two thumbs up!

Don't feel like paying $100+ for a hairdryer?  Well, it turns out you can get your hands on one from Amazon for about $70.  Still not cheap, but it's not $200!  Wish I would have known that before I bought it off my sister, but I'm still pretty happy with the investment. :D  Hope you guys found this review useful!  Have a great night! (although it's back to hitting the books for me)

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment