Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Meet Daisy

Hi all!  Sorry I've been missing. :(  It's the start of a new quarter and I've been scurrying to get school supplies together as well as orienting myself with my new classes and schedule.  Can you believe that I have class until 10pm on Thursday nights?!  Crazy.  Anyways, I have a couple of tutorials in the works, including a video tutorial.  I'm crossing my fingers to have them up by the weekend!  In the meantime, I wanted to introduce you to one of my 3 doggies. (I think you've already met Yuki)  Her name is Daisy and she's a silly-looking little yorkie:


She's super-sweet, a little on the scrawny side, slightly neurotic, but loves kisses and cuddles!


We actually had a bit of a scare last night.  My mom was carrying a large box of old family photos down the hall.  Daisy was sleeping in the living room.  I think my mom dropped the box, which made a loud, startling sound.  She told me that, all of a sudden, Daisy started convulsing and then she passed out for a full minute.  But then she came to and has been acting pretty normal since.  My dad, who happens to be a doctor, says that he thinks she had a seizure.  I'm not sure what could have catalyzed it...maybe the loud, scary noise?  She's been known to startle easily when she sleeps.  I don't know if any of you have experienced this with your pet, if so, I'd be interested in any additional information or advice.  In the meantime, I'm making an appointment for her to see the vet.  Hopefully they can tell me what happened.  I'm crossing my fingers that this is a one-time, freak occurrence and would never happen again!

Stay posted for tutorials and, just for the heck of it, I'll keep you guys updated on Daisy's situation.  Otherwise, hope everyone's having a good Wednesday (or Hump Day) so far!

Hugs,
Cat

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD, CAT!!! What a coincidence that you would write something about your Yorkshire! I contacted a woman yesterday and I'm going to meet a 2 years old Yorkie on Saturday. Her name is Stella. I'm sooo excited, I can't contain myself!!! I've been spamming everyone with my Facebook statuses. xD I just hope I'll like her and she'll like me!!! I already went ahead and bought 2 bags of treats and a little toy in order to appeal to her... :P

    I didn't know you had THREE doggies?! I always wanted a dog and I only have the choice between a bichon frisé and a yorkshire because I am allergic... Yuki and Daisy are SOOO ADORABLE!!!

    Anyway, I'm slightly scared and nervous because Stella might have issues... The woman told me that she already changed home 3 times and that she's really nervous. I really wish I'm going to be the one to give her a loving stable home.

    Well, you know my life story now! Lol! I'll keep you updated! And maybe ask you a few questions (since Stella is going to be my first dog ever!). I already babysit my aunt's bichon for 2 years now (every time they go on vacation, about 3-4 times a year, for a whole week) so I kind know the basics, but I'm really nervous too! I really don't want to do anything wrong...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! I have 2 yorkies in addition to the maltese. It's a full house of pups where I'm at. I'm excited for you regarding Stella. Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out! :D

      Delete
  2. I recently got a new puppy too! Sorry to hear about your scare though! I have heard of small dogs sometimes being really sensitive to loud noises, and if it was by surprise maybe it just overwhelmed her! Hopefully it's just a one time thing. Is she still eating/drinking normally? I would probably still take her to the vet, like you said, just to make sure. She is so adorable! Congratulations!
    xo Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Kayla! Your new puppy is too freakin' cute! She must be so much fun to cuddle! Yeah, so Daisy has been back to her old self, she recovered almost immediately to normal after fainting. What I think happened, is like you said, she just got really surprised and probably passed out from shock. She's currently running all over the place and barking up a storm, so we know she's well again! Thanks for your concern. :D

      Delete
  3. She's very cute! I have a yorkshire-chihuahua mix called sputnik, but he looks a lot like your dog but is fully beige without much gray. I hope she'll be allright! My cat had a lot of epileptic attacks and it's always very frightening to know your pet has to go through something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pearl! Thanks for your concern. Haha, Sputnik is such a cool name! I have my reservations about whether or not Daisy is a purebred yorkie myself. She seems sort of chihuahua-ish and her hair doesn't grow out at all, lol. We love her to pieces though, she's full of energy and smart as a whip! :)

      Delete