Sunday, April 22, 2012

Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

Guess what?  I just discovered my new favorite thing: the Drawing Eye Brow Pencil by Etude House.  I found out about it through my other new favorite thing, CosmeticLove, an amazing web boutique dedicated to Asian-brand makeup products!


This amazing little pencil comes in 6 colors: dark brown, gray brown, brown, gray, dark gray, and black.  One problem that I've always found with American-brand brow products is that they tend to be on the reddish side.  I have very dark brown hair, nearly black with very little red, therefore it looks somewhat awkward when my brows have a red-brown tinge.  I was particularly interested in the gray brown shade, I felt like an ashy, dark brown would suit my coloring perfectly.  Unfortunately, that's the only color that isn't stocked at CosmeticLove, so I ended up buying it from eBay for about $7 and it arrived in 7-10 business days from the time it was ordered, not bad.  It also came with some bb cream samples:


The pencil itself is a twist-up design and has a flat, angled shape that reminds me of an angled brow/liner brush:


On the other end is a conveniently placed spoolie:


It's not news that I have painfully sparse brows that need filling in on a daily basis.  Some have suggested that I get my brows tattooed, but that's just too much of a commitment for me.  I'm also a big wuss when it comes to pain, lol!  I found, upon first use of the Drawing Eye Brow Pencil, that it's a very simple and precise tool that makes defining brows a cinch!  I start with bare brows:


Then, using the flat, angled pencil, I gently fill in my brows to the desired shape and fullness with light, short strokes:


Next, I use the spoolie end to evenly distribute color and groom my brow hairs:


That's pretty much it...an easy, 2-step process.  It's a subtle, but noticeable difference:


I am sooooooooo loving this pencil!  I don't think I can go back to my old pencil and powder routine!  Hope some of you found this review useful and that you're enjoying this lovely Sunday afternoon! :D

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This was from a Korean online store. The link to the shop is above in the post. :)

      Delete