Sunday, February 5, 2012

Missing Makeup Experiment 3: No Cheeks

I used to never considered blush one of the major products in my makeup regimen and there was a time that I wasn't wearing it regularly at all.  But here's the difference between cheeks with and without blush:


The change is subtle, but there is a change.  There's a certain warmth and glow that rosy cheeks add to one's face.  I think I look rather cold and colorless without a pink flush.  Given the option, I would prefer to forgo eye makeup rather than blush.  So, is blush absolutely necessary?  I don't think so.  I guess I look OK without it, but if I were in a rush and had to skip something, it wouldn't be the first thing I'd leave out.  But this is just my personal opinion. :)

Hope everyone's having a great Sunday!  It's back to the books for me!

Hugs,
Cat

11 comments:

  1. I really love your look and you really look much more complete with a hint of colour on your cheeks :). I love the blue liner under your eyes too, it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't leave the house without my blush! :) I used Urban Decay's Deep End under the eyes, thanks for noticing!

      Delete
  2. I never used to wear blush before either. Now I just can't go without it, especially with my chubby cheeks. It really helps to slim them down:) totally loving this series btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It's such a subtle change, but makes a real difference. I'm glad you're enjoying my little experiment. :D

      Delete
  3. Yep, I must agree with you, it's subtle, but it really brings some liveliness to your face. I guess specially after one evens the skin with foundation or a tinted moisturizer, blush becomes a must. I would also skip the eyes and go with the blush. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes quite a difference, but the blue under your eyes is the thing that jumps out the most! I used not to wear any blush either, and now I think a look is not complete without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right! Maybe I shouldn't have worn the blue...it's a little distracting. :D

      Delete
  5. I usually don't apply foundation/bb cream but I need blush. I think it completes the look; it feels unfinished without it.

    It's always a cute touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! When I'm going foundation-free, my favorite way to get a rosy flush is to apply cream shadow with my fingers, it's such an easy way to get a healthy glow! :D

      Delete
  6. that's a perfect blush for you, i can see why you'd want to include it. sooo pretty. love the blue on the eyes too

    ReplyDelete