Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jason Wu Target Collection Haul

I was sooooooooo planning on waking up at 6am tomorrow morning in order to battle the crowds for the launch of the Jason Wu Collection for Target, but, as it turns out, the sale started a few hours ago online, so I was able to snare a few items at the last minute.  Sadly, I didn't get everything that I wanted, but didn't log off empty-handed.  Here's what I got:


I had originally wanted the top and skirt set in this print, but they were long-gone by the time I got wind of the online sale.  I went for this sleeveless chiffon dress with a skinny yellow belt instead.  I'm actually liking it quite a bit!  I hope it looks just as nice in person and fits well!


I'm a sucker for cute floral prints, so I couldn't let this one escape me!  Also, blue is one of my favorite colors!  I just adore this whimsical design!


This dress also came in white, but I figured black would be easier to wear (as well as easier to maintain a clean appearance).  I love the nude skinny belt, but wish the lace was also the same shade of nude instead of black for more pop.


I'm not a big fan of clutches because I prefer having my bags hang off the shoulder as opposed to holding them (Cat = lazy).  However, this clutch is too cute to resist!  I like the idea of the dressiness of a clutch juxtaposed with the low-keyness of the straw texture.


I love this knit top!  You get the comfort of a tee while the black trim and bow add a touch of chic.  I can pair this with a pair of skinny jeans or tuck it into a skirt.  So easy to dress up or down! 


I love this scarf for the same reason I love the above blue floral shoulder bag.  Aren't the colors and prints to die?!  I can't wait to wear it headband-style, so gorgeous!

Well, that's all I was able to get.  Everything else was sold out and I don't even want to know what it's going to be like in stores tomorrow.  Hopefully they'll re-release the collection in a few months so that I can snag all the goodies that I missed.  In the meantime, I can't wait to get my stuff in the mail!  Of course, I'll have practical expectations as far as quality and fit.  One must keep in mind that this IS Jason Wu for Target, not RTW.  But hey, beggars can't be picky!

Hope some of you were able to make away with some good finds.  Have a great night!

Hugs,
Cat

10 comments:

  1. Fighting for the few items I got online was crazy, but I'm happy. I got the first dress too and hoping it fits well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know, right? I'm crossing my fingers about the fit too!

      Delete
  2. Ooo I heard people are going CRAZY for this collection! I'd LOVE the cat tote and scarf, but I don't live in the US so that's kinda sad. Everything you got looks way nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target should really think about expanding internationally. It would be profitable and would allow access for worldwide customers. What's the point of collaborating with international designers when you can't share internationally? The cat tote and scarf would have been perfect StyleByCat statements, unfortunately, I got in the game too late and missed them. *sigh*

      Delete
  3. So lucky ! I wasn't able to snatch anything. I really wanted the white version of that black dress *sigh* I hope you post pictures of you wearing what you order :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justine! I'll definitely post pics. :D Sorry you weren't able to get anything. I'm sure they'll quietly re-release the collection like they did with Missoni. Just stay posted on their Target Style facebook page for news. I didn't get nearly as much as I would have liked. I went to my local Target this morning and nearly everything was sold out and anything that was left was L or XL in sizing. :(

      Delete
  4. I like your picks! I found those very eye catching as well :) I have yet to check out the collection. School has been burning me out lol by now, it's probably all gone >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for them to come in, although I've heard many complaints that they're not very petite-friendly. I guess we'll see!

      Delete