Friday, January 13, 2012

Back To School Look

So remember the Sephora Glitz & Glam set I got in the other day?  Well, I know I mentioned that I was excited to use it for a date or a night out with the girls, but I just couldn't wait and decided to try out some products for yesterday's makeup before going to class.  Blargh, it's the first week of winter quarter at my university.  I know there's nothing glitzy or glamorous about class at 8am, but as it turns out, this set is versatile enough to achieve a natural, daytime look for school, work, etc.


I really don't have a whole lot of time to get ready on school mornings, which are 4 days out of the week. This look requires about 10-15 minutes, which works well with my schedule.

For my eyes, I used Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow in Pug and Ultraflesh Gold Standard Mascara from the set:




I don't use cream eyeshadows, but I'm sooooooooo in LOVE with this one right now.  Pug is a shimmery, "smoky pewter" shade that glides on as smooth as silk, is nicely pigmented and very build-able.  It's also whisper-light.  I couldn't feel it on my lids at all, unlike some other heavy, greasy-feeling cream shadows.  I was able to quickly and efficiently create a very nice gradient from my lash line to my brow bone.  Talk about easy smoky eye!  I can't imagine it being simpler.  I didn't need a primer and what's really amazing is that, 12 hours later, there was little to no creasing whatsoever.  I want to get Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow in EVERY color now!  Somebody stop me!

Oh, and I really like the Ultraflesh Gold Standard mascara also.  The formula is light, non-clumping, and really holds a curl.  My sister commented that my eyelashes looked really long, so I guess it works!  The only problem is that I didn't see a full-sized tube available for sale on the Sephora site.  Maybe that's a good thing, I'd go broke otherwise.

As for the rest of my face, I used Benefit High Beam to highlight my cheekbones, Bare Escentuals All Over Color in Glee as a blush, and Stila Lip Glaze in Vanilla.




I've used High Beam before, it's a decent, all-purpose cosmetic highlighter.  You can use it to highlight your brow arch, the bridge of your nose, your cheekbones, etc.  Glee gives your cheeks a warm, earthy-rose flush and I imagine it's flattering on most skin tones.  Vanilla is a very shimmery, sheer champagne color that, when worn alone, gives your lips a glossy, luminous glow.

So that's my first look from the set.  I can't wait to experiment some more with it to create additional looks, including something on the dramatic end of the spectrum.  Stay tuned! :)

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments: