Friday, December 2, 2011

Teal and Purple Haze

It's been a long time since my last tutorial so I thought I'd quickly post one up tonight.  Some of you might be thinking, what kind of nerd stays in to blog on a Friday night?  Well, this nerd has work tomorrow at 9am, so it's blog and then bed.  So today, I'll show you guys how I did this look:


I've never worn teal and purple together before.  Weird, right?  Because they make such a lovely combo.  Again, I used my Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette for this look.  Man, I'm getting massive mileage out of this thing.  You guys are probably sick of it by now...but the colors are so pretty!  I'm going to have to move on soon, though, because there are a bunch of new products that I received from my Black Friday/Cyber Monday spree that I'm looking forward to sharing.

Anywho, back on topic, these are the colors I used:


I start by priming my eye with UD Primer Potion in Eden:


Next, I'm going to apply Evidence to just above my natural crease (which is very shallow, btw):


Then, I'm going to apply Half Truth up to my brow bone and along my lower lash line, being sure to smudge and fade along the edges for a soft, gradient look:


Using a black eyeliner pencil, I'm going draw a wing along my upper lash line and line my bottom lash line:


Then I'm going to apply Blackout over my pencil liner to set the liner and soften the look:


To finish, I'm going to curl my lashes and apply mascara, which give me a chance to try my new glitter mascara from LA Splash:


It's really hard to capture on camera, but the formula is chock-full of fine, multi-colored glitter particles.


You really can't see them at all on the wand, in pictures or in person.  This made me a little disappointed. :(


I swatched it on the back of my hand to see if it would show better.  The glitter is there, but you can barely see it in person, much less in the photo.


So, there it is.  The glitter does not show at all on the lashes.  It's an okay formula, I like the brush, and it does lengthen and thicken, however I did lose some of my curl.  Something that wouldn't happen with my trusty Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof mascara.  But what's the point of buying glitter mascara if you can't see the glitter?  Boo!  At least I got it on sale.  On the other hand, I do love my eyeshadow! :D

Overall look:


:: Face ::
CG Smoothers Aqua Tinted Moisturizer in Light to Medium
ELF Mineral Booster in Tinted

:: Brows ::
ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Dark

:: Eyes ::
Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette
UD Primer Potion in Eden
HIP Color Chrome Eyeliner Pencil in Black Shock
LA Splash Glitter Eyeliner in Black Gem

:: Cheeks ::
ELF Studio Blush in Fuchsia Fusion

:: Lips ::
ELF Studio Matte Lip Color in Natural
ELF Essential Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Perfect Pink

Hope you all found this post useful!  Have a great Friday night! (hopefully you're having more fun than I am, lol)

Hugs,
Cat

3 comments:

  1. I'm seriously thinking about getting myself the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette... Every look that you make with it is so pretty!

    Your makeup even kinda looks purple from «far away». I LOVE the effect! Thank you for this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Grace: Thanks! You're so sweet! xoxo

    @Jennifer: I know it's expensive, but it's soooooooooo worth it! You get a good balance of neutrals and brights so you can easily customize your look from natural to dramatic. I love it!

    ReplyDelete