Monday, December 19, 2011

Hot Pink with Sugarpill and Lime Crime

Who says monochromatic has to be boring?  I decided to go crazy with hot pink today and did eyes, cheeks, and lips in the brightest pinks that I could find!  While I'm at it, I'll include a step-by-step tutorial on how to get pink eye (not the icky kind):


As usual, I'm going to start with primed eyelids.  Today, I used Lime Crime's Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper.  Then I'm going to apply a little bit of Sugarpill's Dollipop, from my Sweetheart Palette, to my top and bottom eyelids:




Next, with the help of a medium flat eyeshadow brush and my finger (one of my favorite and most-used makeup tools to date), I smudged and smoked the color to soften the edges and to create a gradient.


Then, I'm going to line my upper and lower lash lines with black pencil eyeliner:


Now I'm going to use my finger (you can use a smudge tool if you'd like) to smudge the pencil liner:


Using matte black eyeshadow, I'm going to layer over the smudged pencil liner:


To finish, I'm going to apply mascara and false eyelashes, as well as a little bit of glittery black eyeliner along the outer corner of my bottom lash line:


Now that's pretty darn pink, if you ask me.  To coordinate, I'm going to apply some neon-pink lipstick to match.  I FINALLY got a chance to try my new Lime Crime lippie in Countessa Fluorescent:



How's that for some hot hot heat?  Such a gorgeous shade of fluorescent pink.  It's a little bluer than the eyeshadow, but I think it still works:


Oh, and that's ELF Studio Blush in Pink Passion on my cheeks.  Yeah, that's pretty wild-looking.  Lol, I don't really know what else to say.  I stayed inside today mostly, though I did get a compliment during a brief trip to the grocery store.  Where would you guys suggest I sport this mug?

Happy Monday and have a great night!

Hugs,
Cat

p.s. My eyelashes are by Daiso. :D

8 comments:

  1. Pretty look! Where do you purchase your lashes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! it's very inspiring! now i'm going to change my black-grey outfit to something PINK:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so pretty! i've done something similar but with a lime green and yellow in the inside corners of the eyes~ yes, i as well would love to know where you got your lashes from (assuming they're fake)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! You wear the pink so well! I've tried on my eyes, and it just kinda accentuates the redness of my face... And it makes me look tired too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tiffany: Oops, I totally forgot to include info about my lashes. They're by Daiso, you can check out my post about them here: http://stylebycat.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-daiso-daily-lash-style.html

    @Shalott: Thank you! Hope you're enjoying your bright look today! :)

    @lawren: Ooh, the addition of lime green and yellow sound awesome, I'll have to try that! I've edited my post to include info about the lashes. ;)

    @Jennifer: Aw, thanks! Maybe you can try some green corrective powder or concealer to tone down the redness? Then the pink might look more wearable. :)

    ReplyDelete