Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipstick: 505A Light Berry Frost

I ran out of shampoo so I stopped by CVS on my way home to get some.  After making my pick in the shampoo aisle, I HAD to swing by the Wet N Wild display just to check things out, as always.  Lol.  A tube of bright, icy-pink lipstick caught my eye and I decided, "why not?".


I love WnW Silk Finish lipsticks.  What's better than $0.99 lipstick?  I'll tell you what.  $0.69 lipstick!  To my pleasant surprise, they happen to be on sale at CVS right now.  It almost feels illegal for something so inexpensive to get even cheaper.  I've got to stop by again tomorrow to see if the sale is still going on!

Pure 505A applied straight from the tube.  No primer, no liner.

505A is a bright, bluish-pink lipstick with a lightly frosted finish.  It was a little more sheer than I had expected upon initial application, but built up nicely with just a few additional strokes.  The texture is smooth, lightweight, and moisturizing.  I didn't get a chance to test for longevity or anti-feathering ability because I applied it at 10pm, but I'll keep you all posted once I do.



I'm also wearing WnW on the eyes.  Tutorial to come tomorrow so stay tuned!

Hugs,
Cat

7 comments:

  1. i would really like to get in my hands more stuff frm WNW. So shame that it's hard to buy them online in regular price. On Ebay prices are so inflated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty make-up! It's funny, here in Finland WNW lipsticks cost about 3-5 euros (which is something like 3-4 dollars).. I usually buy mine from eBay, it's much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's incredible how bright colors look GREAT on you! I still can't believe it! I'd never pull that off. :( Can't wait to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @shinodka and Martina: WnW lipstick is pretty good quality for cheap, but I wouldn't pay any more than $5 per tube. Any more than that and you're better off purchasing a domestic brand. I'm sure you girls get great makeup that I wish I could have here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jennifer: aw, thanks! you know, I still get a little shy to go out wearing bright makeup sometimes, lol. But I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This lipstick is beautiful, I love your style:)
    This make up would be too much for me but it looks great on you! :)

    xx, Alexa
    http://youth-and-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alexaa! Are you sure? I think you would look lovely in bright colors! :D

    ReplyDelete