Monday, November 14, 2011

Nothing but the Half Truth

Hello everyone!  I just thought I'd do a super-duper simple look today, using only ONE color from my Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette.


Our star color of the day is Half Truth:


Half Truth is a shimmery hybrid between gunmetal and purple.  It's so pretty that it can stand alone, as you can see, but I'm also excited to blend it with other colors in the future.  Here's how I got the look:

STEP 1:

After applying eyeshadow primer, sweep Half Truth onto your eyelids, blending upward so that it begins to fade as it reaches the hollow of your brow bone, creating a gradient from dark to light.  Apply along the bottom lash line as well.


STEP 2:

Using black cream/gel eyeliner, apply a winged line to the top lash line.  Then lightly sketch any leftover product along your lower lash line to create a softer look.


STEP 3:

Curl lashes, apply mascara, and you're done!


Now I have a soft, smoky eye that stands out, yet is subtle enough to wear during the day.  Which I did, by the way.  I went to class like this this morning.  Only 3 steps!  Anyone can do this! :D


:: Eyes ::

UD Primer Potion in Eden
UD Eyeshadow in Half Truth
Wet N Wild Cream Eyeliner in Black
Maybelline Full N Soft Mascar in Black

:: Cheeks ::

ELF Studio Blush in Fuchsia Fusion

:: Lips ::

ELF Studio Lipliner and Blending Brush in Nude Pink
ELF Studio Conditioning Lip Balm in Peaceful Pink


Alrighty, back to hitting the books!  I have a presentation AND a midterm tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! I love this palette =)

    I've giving you an award go check my blog =)xxx
    http://headsandnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Livia: aw, that's so sweet! thank you!

    @kuri: thanks, my kuri, see you Friday!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really like the color from the closed-up pictures, but when I saw your whole face, I was like "WOAAAH!!! SO NICE!!!" The color really looks great! Just dramatic enough and still wearable! Love this color on you!

    ReplyDelete