Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ELF 11.11.11 mini haul!

Hey, remember when ELF had their 11.11.11. sale?  Well, mine finally came in after what I thought was FOREVER, even though it was only 7 days (counting the weekend).  It's funny how slow things seem to move when you're highly anticipating something!  Anyways, here's what I got:


Y'all know how I feel about the glosses, eyeliner, lipliner, and brushes, but I haven't gone over the cuticle pen or the toe separators yet.  I'm love love loving the cuticle pen!  It's my first time using one and it's amazing!  I have the driest cuticles and they look especially icky now that the weather's gotten colder.  One go-around with ELF's Essential Cuticle Pen and they've been neat and tidy for hours!  I cannot believe that it was only $1!

Oh, and this is the second set of Essential Toe Seperators I've gotten.  I thought I lost my first pair, but my husband found them in the couch the day after I bought them again.  Lol.  Anywho, they're the most comfortable toe separators I've ever had.  I bought the Daiso ones and those almost hurt.  I think I'll stick to these.  Again, just one buck!

Anyways, I was super-excited to get my Studio Lip Liner and Blending Brush in Red and Essential Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Ruby Slipper since I'm thinking about going with a red lip for a wedding I'm attending this weekend.  I know I'm wearing sweatpants from being in school all day, but I don't care.  I just ripped open the packages and gave it a whirl:





Sorry, these photos aren't really representative of the true colors of the lip products.  I was not in my own bathroom and the lighting was totally weird.  Both the lip pencil and the lipstick were a very deep, earthy shade of red, a pleasant surprise because I was expecting something loud and bright.  But really, they're a very subdued red.  The liner creates a really nice base and the liquid lipstick is a similar shade, just translucent.  The combination created a glossy, yet understated red lip.  My only gripe is that the liquid lipstick did wear off a little quickly, but I don't really mind reapplying.  If I end up going with these lips, you'll see it in a style post after the event!

I'll try to post another one of the lip colors tomorrow before taking off.  But for now, back to packing.  Grrrrr!  I hate packing!  :P  Oh well, toodles for tonight!

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. That's a really beautiful red! The color is so vibrant! I've always wanted to try a dramatic red like that, but I really haven't found the right red for my skin tone yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I thought I would never be able to find the right red for myself either, but one day, I just put it on and it felt right. I wonder if it's more a state of mind than a visual thing? I'll bet you'd look smokin' hot in red! :D

    ReplyDelete