Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wet N Wild Spoiled Brat Tutorial

Honestly, I've had my eye on WnW's Spoiled Brat Eyeshadow Trio for quite some time, but I kept on telling myself that I didn't need it since I had the ELF Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette and now the Coastal Scents Original 88 Matte Palette.  But there's just something about chrome, sparkly black, and hot pink in a shadow trio that is simply irresistible to me.  Who could blame a girl?


I couldn't wait to play around and create a look.  Obviously, colors like these can only be used to make something fun and bold.  If you're looking for something subdued and natural, this is not the trio for you.

Starting with a primed eye, I sweep the hot pink shade over my eyelid to the brow bone:


Next, I line my upper lash line with Wet N Wild ColorIcon Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in black.


 To be honest, this pencil is not the softest.  The pigmentation is good, but it pulls quite a bit.  I must say that the ELF Essential Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil is definitely the better $1 deal.


 Then I apply a little silver pencil eyeliner to the inner corners of my upper and lower lash lines:


Once I've completed that step, I'm going to use the WnW black shimmer liner to trace the rest of my bottom lash line.


Then I'm going to layer the platinum shade over the silver eyeliner:


Using the glittery black shade, I'm going to smudge and smoke over the black eyeliner:


Next, I'm going to draw a wing on my top lash line and enhance my bottom outer corner with WnW H2O Proof black liquid eyeliner.


The liquid formula is really smooth, lightweight, pigmented and opaque.  The only thing that would make it PERFECTION is if the applicator was a fine brush tip instead of a felt tip.  Oh well, guess we can't have it all.



Curl lashes and apply mascara and I'm almost done:


For added drama and exaggerated volume, I'm going to add a pair of glittery falsies:


Ok, so this look is a little flashy for a lazy Sunday afternoon, but I think it would be perfect for a rave, club, Halloween...whatever ostentatious event that floats your boat.

Overall look (taken in natural window lighting):


Oh, and here's a photo I took using a cool new app for my iPhone called WEcam.  Isn't this fun?!


Whoo!  I look like a disco doll...if it weren't for me relaxing in my comfy bum sweater, lol.  Just thought I'd share.  Hope you all had a great weekend!

Hugs,
Cat

6 comments:

  1. It looks so cute! Looove how you used the colors! I tried a combination of colors with a bright pink lately, and I didn't like the result so much... I guess I need more practice. xD

    And your app picture looks great! I would love an iPhone just for the picture apps (and maybe Angry Birds)! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! Yeah, pink is a tricky color, sometimes I'm not happy with the way it turns out either, lol. I love my iPhone! I used to be one of those people that was like: "it's just a phone!" but now that I have one, it's like my lifeline! I do everything on it, playing games, online banking, facebooking...oh yeah, sometimes I make phone calls with it too, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this look on you a lot! :) make up is so fun.. you get to try out a lot of looks! :D

    are you going to be doing any halloween tutorials?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks KuriPuff. :D A Halloween tutorial sounds fun! Got any requests? I'm no makeup expert, but I'll do my best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. zombie!!! :D lol that's only if you have time tho ;)

    tbh, i'd be happy with anything as i like all your tutorials/looks you create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @lipsareturningblue: Ah, a Muse fan? I could be wrong, lol. Zombie would be interesting...I've never done special effects makeup before. I'll see what I can do before Halloween, haha. Thanks for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete