Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teal Tease: cream eyeliner tutorial and ELF mini haul!

Hello!  So I finished my midterm (with some success, I hope) and finally have the chance to get a real post up.  I'm going to share my latest ELF mini haul as well as a YouTube tutorial on how to do this look using my new ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner in Teal Tease:


Funny story.  So there's this little bakery about 2 blocks away from my home that sells the most delicious little Parisian macarons I've ever tasted.  They look like this:

And they TASTE as good as they look!
Anyways, hubby and I had bought some together and put them in the fridge.  I had an errand to run and didn't come back home until later that evening.  When I got back, my delicious little macarons were *gasp* GONE!  Apparently, there was some miscommunication between hubby and I and he had thought I'd given him the go-ahead to eat every single one of my tasty little treats.  I was absolutely devastated.  (in addition to having an affinity for style and beauty, I'm probably one of the biggest gluttons you'll ever meet)  So, to compensate me for my loss, hubby bought me some ELF.  Well, that's one sure way to win the heart of this Cat! :D

Here's what I got:


Essential Shimmer Eyeliner in Iconic Ivory.  I haven't used it for a makeup look yet, but so far, I can tell you that it's soft, creamy, and has good opacity.  I imagine it would make a terrific eye-widener.


Studio Concealer Pencil and Brush in Light.  This is absolutely excellent for on-the-go blemish resolution.  The texture is creamy, the color is versatile, and the brush is super-soft and very high quality.    I actually used it prior to today's tutorial to refine my brow shape and highlight my brow arch.


Mineral Booster in Tinted.  I was afraid that my skin tone would be too dark for the Sheer color, so I got the Tinted shade with crossed fingers.  My first observation was that the color looked a little too pink.  However, upon application, it really blended nicely and gave me a smooth, even complexion with a soft, matte finish.  FYI, I'm wearing it in the tutorial.  I applied it over my usual CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer.  The powder is very fine and feels weightless on.  I have sensitive skin that's prone to breakouts when I use makeup that clogs pores, so I'll try using this continuously for a week and will update you all on the results.


Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink.  I love love love this color!  It's really more of a peachy, warm pink with super-fine champagne/gold glitter particles.  I love the gorgeous glow that I got from it, I can't imagine this color looking bad on anybody.  WARNING!  This blush is very loosely pressed, it seems, because there was a TON of fallout when I used it.  Just very gently tap your blush brush against it to pick up product.  This won't eliminate fallout, but will minimize it.  I'm also wearing Twinkle Pink in the tutorial.


Studio Cream Eyeliner in Teal Tease.  My favorite of the bunch and the star of the day.  It's a gorgeous, shimmery shade of deep teal.  The formula glides on very smoothly.  The opacity is just so-so, but build-able.  It takes a teeny, tiny bit of extra effort to get the color on evenly, but it's do-able and worth it, which I demonstrate in the video.  The color lasts and lasts for hours on end with little to no smudging, fading, or flaking.  I have been waiting for months to get my paws on this eyeliner because the color always sells out!  Totally worth the wait!

Ok, so here's my little video on how I created a simple, yet dramatic winged eyeliner look:



Overall look:


Additional Makeup Details

::Face::
CG Smoothers Aqua Tinted Moisturizer in Light to Medium
ELF Mineral Booster in Tinted

::Cheeks::
ELF Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink

::Lips::
Elf Studio Glitter Gloss in Twinkle Pink

I'm also very happy to announce that I'll be conducting Style By Cat's first giveaway.  The prize will be an ELF Professional 9 Piece Makeup Brush Set:



4 comments:

  1. Great haul I love elf,and omg the liner looks soo pretty on you! I have the black one but now I want this one lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula! Tsk tsk...aren't you supposed to be in no-buy mode right now? Lol. But it's only $3! How can a girl resist? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same teal eyeliner but it looks so much better on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tina Marie, but seriously, I can't imagine anything looking better on me than it does on you! :D

    ReplyDelete