Sunday, May 1, 2011

Product Review: Girl About Town Lipstick by MAC

Up until now, my favorite way to wear lips was either nude or pinky-nude.  I always played it safe with lips.  Maybe in the past I dabbled in reds once or twice, alas I've always been too much of a coward to go out in bold lips.  I just channeled all of my creative energy into the eyes.

Since starting StyleByCat, however, I've found that I've become braver in trying new looks that stray outside of my comfort zone.  One of my recent favorites has been fuchsia.  Thanks to you guys, I actually went out on a dinner date with fuchsia lips...and it was great!

I've become obsessed now.  For the past 3 weeks, I've been on the hunt for a MAC lipstick called Girl About Town.  Not for the faint of heart, Girl About Town is a rich, highly-pigmented shade that's a hybrid between fuchsia and hot pink.  Velvety in finish, it's an incredible, mega-watt color that can nearly be described as neon.

After being disappointed time and again as it's been sold out everywhere for weeks, I was finally able to get my hands on a tube today after the MAC store in Berkeley received a new shipment.


The formula is extremely smooth, applying effortlessly and evenly straight from the tube.  It feels weightless and moisturizing on my lips and pleasantly has the faintest scent of vanilla cream soda.






While these photos aren't bad, they don't quite capture the impact and intensity of the true color in real life.  My lips are still poppin' though, don't you agree?  I promise this won't be one of those impulse-buy lipsticks that end up collecting dust at the bottom of my train case in 3 weeks.  So much fun!  I want to wear it every day!

4 comments:

  1. *o*


    You pull off bright lips well. Would you ever try a tangerine lip color? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh heck yes! tangerine is next on the list. :D just have to wait to accumulate more makeup money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got my hands on this one as well last week, it's an amazing color and formula! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It's one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete