Sunday, May 22, 2011

Beauty Tutorial: Posh Pink Pout

Do you like fuchsia but find it a little too loud to wear during the day?  Well, I think I've discovered a way to wear it subtle enough so that you don't have to wait till nightfall, but still maintain a bit of a pink pop.  My star product for this look is MAC's Dazzleglass in Extra Amps:


Extra Amps is a very sheer, glossy shade of fuchsia with large chunks of bluish glitter.  Fun!  I start with bare lips.


Next, using a nude lip pencil, I'm going line my top and bottom lip line.

Smashbox Sheer Lip Pencil in Smashing Muse
I'm also going to fill in my lips with the same nude lip pencil.  This will increase the staying power of our look and will prevent bleeding.


Then, using a fuchsia lip pencil, I'm going to apply color just to the center of my top and bottom lip.

Sephora Nano Lip Liner in Funky Fuchsia

Once I've completed this step, my lips will look like this:


A little strange, I know, but we're not finished yet!  Using a lip brush, I'm going to dab the center of my lips with Extra Amps and then work the color out towards the edges.  That way, the color remains the brightest in the center and fades towards outer edges.


The effect is a pretty pink pout, subtle enough to wear in the daytime, but with enough color to warrant some double-takes.  It's a fun and easy way to wear fuchsia outside of the club.


My favorite way to wear Extra Amps.  FYI, I did this lip look for the Cheerful Chartreuse tutorial a few weeks ago.  Today, I finished with some blue shadow and winged liner just for the heck of it.


Happy Sunday!

Hugs,
Cat

1 comment:

  1. love extra amps! i was sold after i tried it for fun at your apartment :P

    ReplyDelete