Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Well, I wanted to post all sorts of things today, but I had my hands full prepping a fancy schmancy dinner to celebrate my very first Valentine's Day married to my honey.  Wanna see what I made?

Seared onglet with truffled hollandaise sauce and a side of wilted garlic spinach.
This entree was not only delicious, but very simple and quick to make.  Total cooking time was under 10 minutes for both dishes combined.  Unfortunately, the onglet (hanger steak) was just a little shy of perfect as it was a bit more rare than hubby and I normally like our beef, but it was still very tender and flavorful.  The truffled hollandaise sauce was amazing!  I'm no stranger to making hollandaise, but I really outdid myself this time.  I wanted to lick the spoon, and I did.

For dessert, I made this:

Kiwi strawberry Pavlova
For those of you that have never had Pavlova before, it's essentially a giant meringue topped with lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit.  Pavlova is light, fluffy, creamy, and refreshing...all in one bite.  In other words, it's like a slice of heaven.

Everything I made today was from scratch. :)  I might start putting some cooking videos up, lol.

I'll probably do a few style posts soon as well.  My sweet husband went above and beyond this Valentine's Day and got me far more goodies than I think I deserve.  Can't wait to show you guys what I got, but for now...Zzzzzzzzzz...  Have a great night!

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. O__O steve is hella luckyyyyyyyy!!

    please recreate this dinner for me sometime soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got it! i wouldn't mind eating it again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete